FKA Sumotime Fishing Charters
"Better than Space Mountain!"
About Captain Major
Fishing with Captain Major Fishing Charters, The new age of Sumotime Fishing Charters.
A long time Anna Maria Island local, Captain Mark Howard, former owner and Captain of Sumotime Fishing Charters, offered fishing charters to the Anna Maria Island area for over 20 years.
As of August 2018 Captain Mark is now enjoying retirement and recently sold his boat and business to Captain Sam Major.
For 5 years Captain Major worked alongside Mark as the primary fishing mate, with aspirations to take over the business. Captain Sam Major is a 5th generation Tampa Bay local who grew up on the water fishing with family and friends. Sam is very knowledgeable, caring, an excellent Captain and Captain Mark's first choice when turning over his business.
Captain Major stays true to being a family friendly fishing guide who welcomes all men, women, seniors and kids!
Captain Major owns a 23' Hydra Sport bay boat with an Yamaha 250HP motor and a custom tower. This boat is built for serious fishing and maximum comfort.
Let Captain Major teach you how to fish Tampa Bay! Novice to professional, you are welcome on Captain Major's Boat!
"I'd be happy to take you on a tour to find your next dream house on waterfront property!"
- Captain Major
Anna Maria Island
COME FISH WITH CAPTAIN MAJOR!
On a charter with Captain Sam Major you can expect a knowledgeable, hard working, courteous, and friendly Captain.
Fishing charter options include the inshore/nearshore waters in and surrounding Anna Maria Island, Tampa Bay and the Gulf of Mexico. Depending on the season, the anglers wants, and skill level you will fish for snook, redfish, trout, sharks, tarpon, cobia, grouper, kingfish, Spanish mackerel, and much more!
What's Included in a charter?
- All tackle, rods, and reels.
- All fishing licenses and stamps.
- Captain Sam Major will catch live bait before he picks up anglers, so you have more time to fish.
- A cooler is available for your use on the boat.
- Fish cleaning/filleting is provided so that the anglers will be able to bring home dinner if they choose to do so.
(The Captain reserves the right to limit the amount of take home fish, to save some for the future.)
What to bring on board?
- Your camera, a hat, POLARIZED sunglasses (to see the fish), suntan lotion (spf 30+ recommended), boat shoes, food, and drinks. (A moderate amount of alcohol is Ok.)
Where to meet and where are we going?
- Pickup for all trips is located in Holmes Beach, on Anna Maria Island
- The best pickup location will be coordinated with Captain Major according to where you are located for easy access
- On board you will enjoy a day full of fishing all around the Anna Maria Island and Tampa Bay area.
Terms and Rates
4 Hour Charter
Approximately 4 hours of fishing.
$500.00 up to 3 people*
6 Hour Charter
Approximately 6 hours of fishing.
$750.00 up to 3 people*
8 Hour Charter
Approximately 8 hours of fishing.
$1,000.00 up to 3 people*